Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
After seeing so many negative comments hurled at foreclosure "victims" - I've finally become fed up enough to call my local paper and say something about it.  A St. Cloud Times (MN) reporter is coming out later today to hear my story of servicing fraud and getting caught up in a lease to purchase arrangement gone bad.

With more stories of fraud being told everyday, I think MS Fraud finally has a shot at getting some attention - mainly because what was once so hard to believe is now becoming the story of the day!  As sad and shocking as it is, all these stories of pervasive fraud make MS Fraud much more believable.

I'm encouraging everyone here to start sort of bombarding people with this story!  Letters to editors, calls to local news affliates, emails to national press agencies, let's not forget our government officials - congressional leaders, senators, govenors, AG's, FTC - the BBB, online forums.  We need to normalize the term "mortgage servicing fraud" wherever we can.  I know alot of you here probably have done alot of this, maybe we need a more concentrated effort. 

I just want to see this made public once and for all!  Pray that my interview today goes somewhere!
Quote 0 0
April,

Wishing you the best of luck!  You Go Girl!!!

Most people are just too embarrased to admit this to anyone, even their own families.

Sara
Quote 0 0
You know, this has been a tremendous benefit to the crime being committed here.  The stigma of having any kind of financial problems has been a powerful gag in victim's mouths.  I'll admit, that's what kept me from calling my own paper for over a year now.  I contacted national media, but not my own local people.  Because this is my "back yard" and I was more likely to be unnoticed if I had appeared on, say, Nightline or something.  But you know what I finally realized - those that want to scrutinize foreclosure victims are going to do that whether they know me or not, but they might just have a change of heart if they did learn my story. 

Growing anger from people that "are responsible and make the their mortgage payments every month" is gaining steam every day.  Division between the "responsible" and the "deadbeat losers" is growing, becoming uglier, and it's based on LIES!  And it remains sort of a 1 sided argument because it has not been adequately challenged.  Until we suck up our pride and tell our stories, that gap will just get wider and wider.  In a time that American's should be banning together to create workable and fair solutions, we are instead fighting over who is to blame and who is responsible/credit worthy/etc. and who is not.

My plan is to tell the story and I'm not going to read the feedback.  I also plan to shore up on prayer, too.
Quote 0 0

P.S.  Sara, 70% of American's live paycheck to paycheck.  And after the MILLIONS of foreclosure's, rest assured the same people we fear revealing our own problems to are probably in the same or similar boat.

Quote 0 0
Just an update on how my interview went - I spent almost 2 hours with the local reporter.  She is going to have a photographer come out next week to get some shots of my family and she plans to investigate some additional MS Fraud resources, including this site, and hopefully the story will run in a couple of weeks.

I'll be sure to get a link up as soon as it's available.
Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
The press I've talked to is either not interested, looking only for individual human interest stories, is convinced I'm a conspiracy nut, etc.

I did a 3 hour interview with a reporter in a small local paper. As far as I know they never ran her story. The press exhibits close to as much bias as does the ourts.

Good luck though. And I'm still trying to get something in print. Another round of calls next week.

Quote 0 0
Our voices are going to be heard.  My book is being released for sale on Amazon.com on March 6th. I did self-publishing so that there were no editors to water down the stories or want "to hear their side" (aka the banks and loan servicers).

Once I get my copy, I will release the title. It is a controversial one, so I want to make sure it stays as I wrote it.

I mention the MSFraud.org website in the chapter titled "Knights in Shining Armor~ The grassroots efforts that are making a difference"

In this chapter, is also a list of websites, national organizations, area and local organizations that really will help.

I also have listed the names, phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses in the book of all those who refused to help me.  Its time they felt pressure-including Oprah Winfrey, Senators Schumer and Dodd, Donald Trump's lawyer, etc.

I provide documents that may help others with their cases. I have some who have contributed their stories, and they are UNEDITED-in their own words.

And I am about to embark on the biggest adventure yet-suing the local judge and supreme court that granted the illegal foreclosure using the judge's words to come back and bite him in the complaint.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...