Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Bank of America today announced a disaster relief program, which includes: special loan options, assistance for existing loan

Under the company's disaster relief program, Bank of America customers affected by the wildfires may:-- Receive emergency credit line increases on their existing credit
        cards.
     -- Modify, defer or extend payments on loans, credit cards or lines of
        credit.
     -- Access a special Bank of America home equity program that enables them
        to incur no fees on new loans, obtain a new home equity credit line or
        increase the credit limit on an existing Bank of America home equity
        line.
     -- Purchase a new primary residence through the company's special
        mortgage program (Bank of America will waive all loan fees and
        expedite the process).
     -- Avoid bank withdrawal penalties on time deposits and existing Bank of
        America Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs).
     -- Small businesses may also qualify for similar benefits on both
        business and personal loans.

Let see if they really help them or they do what countrywide did to the  hurricane Victim, that are now facing foreclosure now

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/CLTH14025102007-1.htm
Quote 0 0
arkygirl
*** Modify, defer or extend payments on loans, credit cards or lines of credit.****

How "humanitarian" of the Bank of America. Are they going to also stop the interest clock for these folks? Doesn't say, does it? If not, that line of credit, loan or credit card deferment will cost them PLENTY!!

All this makes BofA sound like everybody's savior when it is just another money-maker for BofA! Suck more people into the interest generator, yay!

Beware bankers bearing gifts....and watch BofA with both eyes wide open.
Quote 0 0
Nye Lavalle
Why don't all these crooks help those who are suffering with their MANMADE disasters in Subprime and Default servicing? Millions affected, not just hundreds or a couple of thousand. With no disrespect to the victims in CALI
Quote 0 0
Sallie Joe
Nye-

I am right there with you. I feel terrible for the victims in California. But, they will truly get a crazy amount of support from Federal, State and local government, huge charity support, major corporations stepping in to help. They will have insurance payouts, tax relief, and on and on and on. Their stories will be in the news for months, and will be in op-ed pieces everywhere. There will be hats passed, and money sent, debt forgiven, delayed, postponed, etc.

Yes, there lives will be turned upside down, and yes it may take a very long time to put all the pieces back together, and some will fall through the cracks and have to fight tooth and nail to get help and/or relief.

There will also be some folks who get taken advantage of, and will fall victim to hucksters and vultures. That will follow this crisis as sure as night follows day. Their stories will also get told, and many will get more relief. Regardless of how well or poorly these folks get treated, I really do feel very sorry for all of these folks and they are in my thoughts...

Now how many of us are getting this type of support? How many victims of MSF are out there? Has anyone gotten 1/1000th of the support that we are reading about? Not likely.

It does NOT diminish my empathy for these folks at all! All I am saying is don't you wish that some of us could count on this kind of support? I know I sure could use some of this help!

Sallie Joe
Quote 0 0
arkygirl
They don't help victims of mortgage servicing fraud because there is no money in it for them, period.

It is all about the bottom line and the fraud has a better return than helping anyone does. Any "help" from this quarter will be fraught with peril. Corporations and cartels exist for one purpose only, the never-ending pursuit of more and more profit. Mindless profit for profit's sake. They have no humanitarian interests.

The best thing that could happen would be that this bank and the other "Big Two" would crash and burn out. Of course, the government will never allow it. The government needs these blood-suckers for its own money laundering schemes....

Quote 0 0
EXACTLY!

The best thing that could happen would be that this bank and the other "Big Two" would crash and burn out. Of course, the government will never allow it. The government needs these blood-suckers for its own money laundering schemes....
Quote 0 0
I agree with you Nye I'm right here in Ventura near the fire and smoke and ash was blowing across the town and it was dark in the middle of the day. The birds looked like
they were in shock and stared straight ahead with eyes glazed over and their mouths open wide and tongues sticking out and panting like dogs. It sounds funny but really it wasn't.

Literally thousands of people coast to coast told us that losing our home was only a financial loss and we we should just let Ameriquest and Roland Arnall go. The so called Christians were out right belligerent  and were shocked and angry that  we thought we had problems and we  did not need food, clothing or shelter  because we  did not have drug, drinking, or criminal backgrounds and we were not illegal immigrants.

At the homeless shelters  we had a similar response that they did not want to waste resources on people that did not have problems and we could not even get food or water let alone shelter. There were all sorts of programs for drug, alchohol, even child molesters rapists and murderers had all sorts of government and social support.
For child molesters and rapists they are considered disabled and get all sorts of help.

The straw that broke the camels back for us was seeing how much sympathy and help the victims got and all the public statements about how horrible it was to loose your home and your whole life because of the fire.

I'm not mad because the fire victims got help, they deserve it and I'm glad the help is there for them. My question is why does someone who gets kicked out of their own home in order to make a billionaire rich and left out in the street to die deserve to get kicked once they are down, harrased, defamed, discredited and get treated far worse than a rapist, murderer, or child molester? Why is it so important to stop us from getting to tell our story, prevent us from getting justice, and why do we not deserve food clothing or shelter like any other human being. Why do we have all these different rules and standards for different groups of people based on feelings relayed by the media and popular opinion?

Like I said the Christians were by far the most vicious, ruthless and judgmental.
I was a lay pastor at Willow creek church and the pastor lived in a several thousand sq ft mansion and got airplanes and yachts as donations from the members and we had full time mechanics to fix and rebuild cars to give away to help the poor and single mothers, and we even had a program to build homes for victims of hurricanes and natuaral disasters in 3rd world countries. We had all sorts of day care, child care, food pantries etc. I worked hard for the church and made many donations and did service work. When we left our home we asked the church if they could help us in any way and they literally got angry and raised their voice and one member told us
listen you are going to wind up in the street and you will wind up homeless.

A police officer who was a member of the church falsely pulled me over and falsely arrested me based on a supposed oversize load and transportation of construction materials during non-business hours.

In another church in Ventura we worked hard and helped remodel rooms in the church and made as many donation as we could afford and when it looked my trustee would cut down my check the church said they could not help us except perhaps we could have some leftover cans of food the drug addicts, homeless people and illegal immigrants did not want.

I just wonder what it is that causes the public to hate us more than murderers, child molesters and rapists.

I think it may be a couple of things one the public views the banks as providing them with a necessity, but mostly it seems American people only think feel and act exactly the way they are told to by the media. The media tells them to laugh they laugh on cue without question, cry they do the same. I honestly believe if the prime time news told them to march into prison camps they would gleefully and without question march right in. As far as the churches many are involved in lending, real estate, lending and the the legal, judicial, law enforcement and politics they are the most malicious because they feel justified and forgiven.

It's outrageous the so-called Christian right has turned to state supported Nazism in the name of God, and a religious fanatic obsession with killing everybody and anything that doesn't fit their false doctrine. This group actually literally wants to nuke, kill,  pollute, and strip the earth of all life.  It's embarrassing  to tell  people I'm a conservative Christian because so many of them are Satanic, Nazi's the polar, extreme, dead opposite of what we do our best to achieve, in deed. thought and faith.

Quote 0 0
This is what I am talking about that Country wide did to the Victim of Katrina

http://www.rnntv.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1769481&h1=Mortgage%20Meltdown%3A%20Katrina%20Victims%20Are%20Victims%20Again&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=151200&redirUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rnntv.com%2Fglobal%2Fcategory.asp%3Fc%3D98346&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=Political&playerVersion=9&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www.rnntv.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp%3FClipID1%3D1769481%26h1%3DMortgage%2520Meltdown%253A%2520Katrina%2520Victims%2520Are%2520Victims%2520Again%26vt1%3Dv%26at1%3DNews%26d1%3D151200%26redirUrl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.rnntv.com%252Fglobal%252Fcategory.asp%253Fc%253D98346%26activePane%3Dinfo%26LaunchPageAdTag%3DPolitical&rnd=39221784
Quote 0 0

Mortgage Company Accused of Defrauding Katrina Victims

August 31, 2007 7:14 PM

Joseph Rhee Reports:

Mortgagecompan_mn Angry homeowners hit hard by Hurricane Katrina are accusing Countrywide Home Loans of reneging on a promise to help them by temporarily suspending their mortgage payments. 

According to a class-action lawsuit filed in Louisiana today, homeowners say the mortgage giant is now demanding any deferred payments be paid up immediately, often with interest and penalties attached. Plaintiffs' attorneys say that as a result, many struggling homeowners have been sent into foreclosure.

In a goodwill gesture after Katrina hit two years ago, Countrywide announced it would suspend mortgage payments for hurricane victims for up to 90 days. Homeowners say they were told by Countrywide agents that any deferred payments would be added to the back end of the loan term, and that no lump sum, interest or penalties would be imposed.

According to the lawsuit, however, homeowners have been notified by Countrywide that they have to either pay the entire deferred amount immediately or restructure their loan in a way that would cost them thousands of additional dollars. 

Click Here for Full Blotter Coverage.

Plaintiff Donna Hellmers of Hammond, La., told the Blotter on ABCNews.com that she was "dumbfounded" by the change in policy, and when she demanded an explanation from a Countrywide agent, she was told "the lender has changed their mind." Hellmers, who said her family faced severe financial hardship after Katrina, accused Countrywide of "taking advantage of people when they're down."

A similar class-action lawsuit was filed against Countrywide earlier this year by Texas homeowners affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. A homeowner in that case reportedly recorded a telephone call with a Countrywide agent who explained the company's apparent change of heart.  According to the agent, "Unfortunately, we were telling people things that we should not have been telling people."

Countrywide Home Loans had no immediate comment on today's lawsuit.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/08/mortgage-compan.html
Quote 0 0

CALIFORNIA FIRES SUSPECTED AS ARSON
OIA Newswire

California Fires Suspected As Arson

Investigators believe the Santiago fire was started by an arsonist – someone setting the fire alight in at least three different areas according to CNN reports. Further investigation shows the area around the fire's origins to be one of the highest ranked foreclosure areas in the nation – coming in around one foreclosure for every 500 homes. Were the fires an effort to overcome the housing surplus?

With the housing market teetering on the verge of collapse and banks terrified of the aftermath of years of sub-prime, high-risk loans, it is entirely probable that someone decided to put the onus of financial responsibility on the insurance companies.

Most people who are victims of the extensive fires have a battle left to wage with their insurance. Much of California is high-risk insurance because of the likelihood of earthquakes.

As fire investigators start looking for suspects, they will no doubt turn their attention on impending foreclosures in the area, anyone who might have been ready to lose their home, or businesses who owned properties in the area affected by the rough economy and high foreclosure rates.

[10/25/2007]
Quote 0 0

The challenge of solving arson cases

Van Zandt: Were some of the Calif. wildfires man-made?

MSNBC video
javascript:msnvDwd('00','95ac2669-c181-4e6c-a238-79129ba8f737','us','Source_Abrams_Report','','msnbc','','21462829','Arson behind the California wildfires?')
Arson behind the California wildfires?
Oct. 24: Arson may be responsible for multiple California wildfires threatening thousands of residents. Dan Abrams speaks with L.A. Times reporter Hector Becerra, L.A. County fire investigator Rick Price and NBC’s Michael Okwu.

MSNBC Live with Dan Abrams

By Clint Van Zandt
MSNBC
Updated: 12:53 p.m. CT Oct 26, 2007

Clint Van Zandt

California wildfires continue to sweep across the state, with over 450,000 acres charred and at least 1,600 homes and many businesses reduced to burnt rubble. The economic losses are projected to reach $2 billion. While thousands of firefighters attempt to face down the flames fanned by roaring winds of up to 85 miles per hour, a small but steadily growing arson task force comprised of an ATF National response Team, FBI Evidence Response Teams, and state and local law enforcement agents are starting to sift through the still smoldering remains of the fires. They are also going through the ever increasing mound of information and evidence quickly being developed in this case— all in an attempt to determine if any of these devastating fires, responsible for 7 deaths was the result of an intentional human act.

Brush fires like these are many times the result of nature, such as a lightning strike, or of an accident, such as a downed power line. Or it's intentional and man made— such as the work of an arsonist. Local and federal investigators are involved in at least one investigation centered in Orange County, Calif., where they believe that the 20,000 acres burned so far in the Santiago blaze had at least three points of origin this past Sunday, something that is highly suspicious. One investigator has said the suspected arsonist knew exactly what he was doing. Now these same investigators must confirm their strong suspicions by investigation.

The thing about arson is that it's difficult to investigate. In fires, most if not all physical evidence of arson is consumed in the fire itself.

What makes an arsonist
Arson investigators and criminal profilers have developed psychological profiles for those who set fires. These profiles are based on known information about identified arsonists, but since most arsonists are never identified, there is much about the crime of arson and those who commit it that we simply don’t know. However, we do know that approximately 50 percent of the known arsonists have been under the age of 18. 

Determination of motive is key to any criminal investigation. In the case of arson, motive may include anger, revenge, or hate. In such cases, the criminal uses fire instead of physical assault to attack his victim. Other motives include arson for profit. For instance, the fire setter derives some benefit from the arson, perhaps an insurance payment or some other personal or financial reward. Over the centuries, some fires of historic proportion have been intentional acts of war. 

Possible motives
Arson could also be seen as the answer to a challenged homeowner who is about to lose his house due to foreclosure in this terrible housing market. Arson can also be committed to conceal evidence of another crime, or it can done as a form of political protest, such as the burning of abortion clinics by radical anti-abortion groups, or the torching of homes and businesses by a so-called domestic terrorist group such as the Earth Liberation Front, one that has described itself as “an eco-defense group engaged in economic sabotage and guerrilla warfare to stop the exploitation and destruction of the natural environment.”  International terrorists can also be suspects in such crimes, as arson can be an effective tool for those seeking to attack the personal, emotional and economic base of a country. 

And then there is the motive of vandalism or thrill seeking. Sometimes it's a stupid, meaningless act of juvenile delinquency done out of sheer boredom. And then there are copy cats whose motive may be represented by any of the above, but who sets his fire only after watching the results of the other ongoing fires. 

I’ll leave it up to the clinical psychologists to discuss the assorted psychological factors that contribute to these various motives, but many believe the sense of power that an arsonist derives from watching his “handiwork” provides him with a tremendous emotional and physical high similar to what others may get from the use of illegal drugs. 

Where investigators will start
From the investigative side of this ongoing disaster, federal agents, local officers, and criminal and geographic profilers will be looking for the epicenter of the fires. Where and how did the original fire or fires start?  Will they try to determine whether these fires were ignited along some continuing route? Might the arsonist live or work or have otherwise been going to or coming from a route along the path of the fires?

Investigators will also be looking for physical evidence that would suggest the work of a fire-setter, perhaps the presence of an accelerant or other evidence that might have been preserved near a potential crime scene, like tire tracks. In such a case investigators may be able to identify the make of tire and perhaps even the make of car which has those tires.  Anomalies in tire tracks, like shoe prints and fingerprints, can be forensically identified and potentially linked to an arson suspect. 

Quote 0 0
Here goes countrywide saying they will help out again.

Cedar fire lessons helped pave the way

UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITERS

October 28, 2007

Once the embers die, fire victims have a whole new series of challenges to overcome as they move to rebuild their lives and homes.

If they lost their homes, they must find a place to stay after leaving an emergency shelter or the home of a friend or family member.

Then there are the questions of whether to rebuild and where to relocate longer term if homes have been severely damaged or destroyed.

Victims may also have to fill out property-tax and income-tax forms and apply for federal disaster relief.

“We're prepared for losses of historic proportions for our company,” said Farmers Insurance CEO Paul Hopkins.

To cover living expenses, victims with homeowner insurance policies can apply for assistance under their “loss of use” provisions. Farmers and State Farm set up mobile processing vans at Qualcomm Stadium to handle claims for evacuees and owners whose homes were destroyed.

Changwen Liu and his wife, Ling Guo, both high-tech engineers, received a $500 check from Farmers to cover short-term expenses for themselves and two school-age children after evacuating last Monday from their home in Rancho Bernardo. They had moved from Portland, Ore., just three months ago.

“We were not familiar with evacuation procedures,” Liu said, when his neighbors told him it was time to go.

Hal Wilson, a Farmer's agent, arranged to cut a $5,000 check for a client who lost a home near the Wild Animal Park and will need to pay for interim housing while deciding about rebuilding.

Insurance policies typically provide for coverage for extraordinary expenses incurred in a disaster, such as renting interim housing. The total allowed can range from about 25 percent to 40 percent of the value of a policy, said Tom Olivo, Farmer's catastrophe manager, and does not impact the amount paid for rebuilding costs.

State Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner said he is dispatching a dozen investigators here at the request of Sheriff Bill Kolender to deal with allegations of insurance fraud.

He also reminded public insurance adjusters that a law, passed in the wake of the 2003 wildfires, prohibits them from soliciting homeowners for business for seven days after a disaster.

“The purpose of the law is to permit victims, such as victims of this week's fires, to have some time to comprehend their losses before contracts relating to their losses are solicited,” Poizner said in a statement.

Other insurance questions may be answered on the insurance department hotline, (800) 927-4357.

For homeowners with mortgage questions, Dustin Hobbs, a spokesman for the California Mortgage Bankers Association, urged them to contact their lenders to discuss applying for “loan forbearance” if they want to postpone payments.

Lenders will suspend payments and make it an easier time during your situation,” he said.

The payments are not cancelled, but simply delayed by extending the mortgage term, he explained.

Officials with Wells Fargo and Countrywide Home Loans encouraged mortgage-holders to call and work out payment plans if they've been affected by the fires.

Countrywide “has implemented its emergency response and crisis management plans and is eager to do everything possible to help those affected by the fires that continue to burn throughout seven Southern California counties,” the company said in a statement.

Based on the impact, Countrywide will create forbearance programs, where appropriate, for homeowners to help them to recover during this difficult time,” the company said.

Wells Fargo is offering similar assistance, but stressed that homeowners need to call first before stopping their mortgage payments.

For fire victims overwhelmed by all the challenges ahead, not the least of which is the long and tedious process of rebuilding, a number of assisstance centers have been set up throughout the country.

They are:

Rancho Bernardo-Glassman Recreation Center, 18448 W. Bernardo Drive, San Diego.

Ramona Community School, 1710 Montecito Road, Ramona.

Fallbrook Community Center, 341 Heald Lane, Fallbrook.

Rancho San Diego-Cuyamaca College, 900 Rancho San Diego Parkway, El Cajon.

At these centers, residents and business owners can meet with officials from the various local jurisdictions, insurance companies and the Federal Emergency Management Agency to get questions answered on filing claims for help and processing plans for rebuilding.

“During the Cedar fire, we set up a one-stop shop in Scripps Ranch, and representatives from FEMA said it was the most successful rebuilding effort they had seen,” said City Councilman Brian Maienschein, whose district includes Rancho Bernardo, where some 300 homes have been damaged or destroyed. “My intent is to duplicate that. People are traumatized, and instead of having to go to 50 places they can go to one place with 50 people there.”

Part of the plan, he said, is to have specific development services employees working exclusively with fire victims so that building permits can be processed more quickly.

Darren Gretler, chief of the building division of the county's Department of Planning and Land Use, said county services will include expedited permit processing, temporary occupancy permits to locate trailers on homesites and health department advice on handling septic tanks.

County Supervisor Dianne Jacob said building permit fees will be waived for fire victims.

“We learned a lot from the Cedar Fire (of 2003),” she said. “We were far better prepared.”

Roger M. Showley: (619) 293-1286; roger.showley@uniontrib.com

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20071028-9999-1h28help.html
Quote 0 0
    I 1 year ago had a total fire loss to my property. I had insurance to cover the loss. When the insurance company wrote the check they put it in both my mortgage company and my name. After investigating the rebuilding process. I learned that if i go modular and do some of the finish work myself this would save me money and i could build the house and come out better off than what i was. But with the "hand shake deal" and the promises made from my mortgage company to pay after the modular was delivered. THEY the mortgage company did not pay the bill. Holding the money that was suppose to be paid to the moduar company. I then was forced to use my money to pay the modular company and then they started doing inspections with percentages. they the mortgage company told me that when i was at 80% they would send the final draw but of course they did not.. i am at the point where i am paying my morgage with interest and also paying interest on a loan that i have for the remaining money owed to the modular company. After many phone calls and they know the situation they are just ignoring me. The property need s the trim put up  and 50% of flooring is done. and also the landscape.
   When we intially started the work they sent me money to get started but now i need the money to finish the work and they are holding on to it.

I also wanted to know if my mortgage payment over the last year since the mortgage company had all of their money HOLDING IT FOR THE REBUILD and i was paying interest when they had the money can that payment for the past year get deffered where i would get money back.. Its like they were making money on both ends of the deal and they are still doing it.. i dont know what to do but i cantfinish the house with out the money and i have allready put my extra money into the house  . i really wish someone could help me out     sinceryly John
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...