Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

i filed motion to vacate judgment of foreclosure pro se and had hearing in december 2008 and was denied-the judge now hears criminal cases not civil but because he was original judge i had to go to his court. i never received a copy of the denial from the court-wrote the court in feb and march for copy of decision denying motion-never got a response-no decision was filed with the clerk's office as of august 09. now the bank's attorney is filing the paperwork almost a year later for the judge to sign-they prepared the paperwork! i wanted to appeal the decision but in ny you have 30 days from the decision date. so i think i might have a case for being denied due process? opinion anyone?

Quote 0 0
Meg,

Check your state's rules of procedures.  In my experience, it is 30 days from the ENTRY of the judgment, in order to appeal. 

Quote 0 0
The Equitable One
Attorneys typically prepare orders for judges to sign. Pro se folks should do this too. Make it as easy as possible for them to rule for you - "Oh, I can clear this off my docket by signing this piece of paper? OK, I'll do it."

If opposing counsel is just presenting the papers to the judge the signature and date SHOULD be current - not back dated. In such case you should have adequate time to file a notice of appeal. 30 days is a common window of time. The court will also have to serve you with notice of the order. There is usually a 3 day enlargement of time if service is by mail. But don't take my word for it - check your rules, as Alina suggested.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...