Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

The State of OHIO and the City of Cleveland, through prosecutor Bill Mason and the Cuyahoga County Mortgage Fraud Task Force, handed down 9 indictments to former employees of the now defunct lender ARGENT MORTGAGE.

Hopefully - Someone is going to JAIL !!!

OHIO and CLEVELAND say - Enough !!!

Quote 0 0
Adam
Where can I locate the names of the individuals indicted?
Quote 0 0
4JusticeNow
There would be about a 1,000 times this many indictments if the judicial system wasn't bought and paid for. Wasn't the late Roland Arnal the founder of Argent before the Bush administration gave him a Ambassadorship in order to avoid prosecution?

IMHO

4J
Quote 0 0

ohhh...yes...this was the beginning of the original "Unveiling"...way back in 2006. Do you recognize the name of the AG (Tom Miller?) that was leading the way for the then 33 state settlement?

In late 2005, Ameriquest Mortgage Co. was negotiating a settlement of predatory lending charges, in which "a deal" would clear the way for the company's founder, Roland Arnall, to become U.S. ambassador to the Netherlands.
"It's finally getting close, and I think we'll conclude it in mid-to-late January" said Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller, the leader of a task force of AGs from 33 states and the District of Columbia that has been probing the company. Ameriquest is expected to pay as much as $325 million to put the matter to rest. (Original Cover-up negotiated & settled by Tom Miller)

President Bush went on to appoint appointed Arnall, a 66-year-old Holocaust survivor and Ameriquest's principal to the position after the company agreed to a settlement. Also the topic of many MSFRAUD threads including:
http://ssgoldstar.websitetoolbox.com/post/printadd?id=372643&pid

and I believe, at the time, one of the first indictments (Orson Benn - a VP)

http://mortgageblues.us/news/488

....On 1 August 2005, Ameriquest announced that it would set aside $325 million to settle attorney-general investigations in 30 states. In at least five of those states: California, Connecticut, Georgia, Massachusetts, and Florida Ameriquest had already settled multimillion-dollar suits.

Quote 0 0
Reply to ..Adam: Where can I locate the names of the individuals indicted?

I'm sorry, I missed your question..although at the time...I didn't think it affected the story...I've updated our blog post.. with names.

OHIO says enough !! - 9 Indicted from ARGENT MORTGAGE
The City of Cleveland, through prosecutor Bill Mason and the Cuyahoga County Mortgage Fraud Task Force, handed down 9 indictments to former employees of the now defunct lender. Three (3) Argent "Account Executives" helped coach independent Mortgage Brokers (Dale Adams, Nick Myles, and James Sims) located in Northeast Ohio with creating mortgage applications that would be approved by 2 supervisors and 4 underwriters all working in concert from the Argent Rolling Meadows office located in Chicago Illinois.
The following defendants were employed by Argent Mortgage Company:
Denise (O'Brock) Kobus - Argent Account Manager
Michael Scola - Argent Account Manager
Angela Pasternak - Argent Account Manager
Terry Forbes - Argent Supervisor
Gerald Steinkuehler - Argent Supervisor
Dee Anne Shaw - Argent Underwriter
Kirk Porter - Argent Underwriter
David Mongriotis - Argent Underwriter
Erin Foley-Ottaviano - Argent Underwriter
Linda Warner and Gerald Spuzzillo - Ohio Appraisers, were indicted for falsifying appraisals on real estate deals submitted to both Argent Mortgage and Long Beach Mortgage Company
Quote 0 0
nauseous
And then there is the one who got away:

Corrupt Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick

Deval Patrick served on the board of Ameriquest and Argent parent ACC Capital, helping to supervise the theft of equity and homes by this company's targetted forays into minority neighborhoods.  And when the bottom fell out of the subprime business, he sought a $50 million bailout from his buddy Robert Rubin, which funds came from a depository institution which was bailed out by taxpayer assistance.  Deval Patrick was paid over $300,000 per year for his treachery, though his only actual responsibility was attending one monthly board meeting and running interference with corrupt Democratic politicians.

Thank you Governor Patrick! 
Quote 0 0
Adam
Thanks Ohio... apreciated
Quote 0 0
UPDATE: ARGENT Employees set for Arraignments

13 set for Arraignment - Thursday July 7th - Cuyahoga County Justice Center

Quote 0 0
Stephen

Thousands have been indicted and prosecuted so far:  See Mortgagefraudblog.com.  1,000s to go.

Quote 0 0
pauljames
Hey everyone, I hope the D.A. in Orange County, Ca. see's what's going on here and nails the upper level Account managers and CEO Wayne Lee for the same abuses. This case in Ohio most surely has occurred in the Orange, Ca. Argent location as well. These crooks made a mess out of Northern California's real estate market. Vp of Regional Sales for northern cali, better watch out. You people are next up for indictments. Wayne Lee grabbed 34.5 million when he left the co. Now how did he get away with that when people were screwed out of their homes? Interesting isn't it? They didn't pay their taxes either.  Here's a link to an article in the O.C. Register that says it all and talks about Lee's wonderful going away gift:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ameriquest-21363-million-lee.html

Quote 0 0
4JusticeNow
Hello Stephen,

They're certainly not covering these events in the so-called public media. Anything going on in your battle?

V/r,

Jon
Quote 0 0
4JusticeNow

I can't believe they got by with such low bail. That's chump change for most of these scumbags. I've seen higher bonds required for misdemeanor offenders.

Quote 0 0

Click on below (red) link for update:
                                               CRIMINAL "Heavyweight" Fight
                                               WALL STREET  vs  MAIN STREET

(Argent Mortgage) vs (Homeowners)
                          Pre-Trial Weigh-In:  9:00am THURSDAY August 25th 2011

ARGENT MORTGAGE - Cleveland Criminal Trial - Update !!

Hopefully, some of the defendants will provide information to the prosecution - so that someone - somewhere (Bill Mason - Cleveland) can preserve evidence of wrong-doing and then continue investigating.... further "up the ladder" the white collar crimes - committed on the homeowners.

...especially... Now that the SEC has destroyed all their investigation (?) documents.

Document Shredding: Why SEC's Defense Won't Fly

By Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...