Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
fight for your rights
When does the clock start ticking for appeal?

The judge made a decision right there at SJ court.

It has been several weeks, yet no order submitted by the big bank lawyer yet....so obviously no signature by judge.

So my question is...when does the clock start ticking? From the day of court when the judge said we lose, or when he signs the order?

Wondering if the bank is up to something else that is sneaky somehow...
Quote 0 0
texas
The day the judge made the decision.
Quote 0 0
fight for your rights
Well tick tock I am about out of time then!

I would have thought for sure it was when the judge signed it.

Is this why the bank lawyer is waiting to send it out? More sneaky tactics?

Hoping I thought just what I did?
Quote 0 0
downsideup
Texas your replies usually make more sense than that...

An order is usually written by the prevailing party and signed off by the losing party. Once the language is agreed upon it is submitted to the court to be signed. At that point it becomes an appeal-able order.

You cannot appeal without a signed order, what are you appealing, what the judge said?

I have personal knowledge of a case that sat for 2+ years and was dismissed because the plaintiff did not submit an order to the court even though they had won their oral arguments in court.

The advice I would give is to check with the clerk daily (in the beginning) and make sure they do not sneak it in but until it hits the desk and gets signed by the judge, you got nothing to appeal.
Quote 0 0
texas
Question asked, when does the clock start ticking! What's in the record, written or verbal?
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...