Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
JAX FL
Dear <My Name>:

EMC Mortgage Corporation has identified you as one of our select customers who may be eligible to participate In a  new loan modification program that may:

-- Reduce your monthly payment to $686.07
-- Bring your loan current

Simply call EMC mortgage toll free at 1-800-723-3004 to find out if your eligible.  Your eligibility will be assessed during a short phone interview.  Your final approval and new payment will be based on verification of your monthly income and expenses, current property value, your current credit profile, and a payment trial period.  Call us for all the details.  For quicker service, please have your loan number, social security number and phone number available when you call.

Below, we compare your current loan payment with your proposed new loan payment, if you are approved for a loan modification.  We will work to modify your loan to fit your needs, with various options that may include: extending the term of your loan, increasing or adding a balloon payment to the end of your loan, deferring past due amounts to the end of your loan, graduated payment schedules. or other terms.

Current Terms $150,000.00 
         Modified Terms: $154,000.00*
Interest Rate    6.8750%              New Interest Rate 5.3700%
Payment $858.00 (up from $650.00)   New Payment $686.07**

Please take advantage of this unique opportunity by calling today.  Don't miss out! This offer expires 30 days from the date of this letter.  We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
John Vella
President and Chief Executive Officer
EMC Mortgage Corporation

*The amount of your delinquency will be added to your unpaid principal balance which results in the increase from your current UPB to the New UPB.

**This payment amount includes principle and interest only.  You may be required to include escrow amounts for taxes, insurance, and other items as a condition to obtaining a modification.

Are these people comedians !!!! The modified terms is the original balance when I first obtain this loan.  Now they want to to give me an escrow account when Ameriquest omitted an escrow account just to make appear that they were giving me a lower monthly payment. 
Quote 0 0
Nye Lavalle
Wanna bet they also have you sign a release not to sue and give up your rights to sue?
Quote 0 0
H. Gosh
I received a letter similar to that from IMC, many, many years ago.  At that time, who knew what lay in the future.  In any event, I saved the document, I don't know why, I was not the victim of mortgage servicing fraud, yet, and I was "A" paper, not yet "sub-prime".

What was going on was IMC was going belly-up, and they were attempting to use these letters to tempt innocent people into at least applying for a new loan to artificially shore up their bottom line. 

The appearance of this letter tells me there is more going on at EMC than the leaving of Carmen.  What say you Nye?
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...