Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Still in my home

A draft settlement between states and mortgage companies that would let the nation's biggest banks pay out billions to compensate for a raft of foreclosures has public interest groups across the political spectrum hopping mad over a deal they say was forged behind closed doors and is being strong-armed by the Obama administration. 

The draft proposal, which was sent to state officials Monday for approval, is supposed to overhaul the mortgage industry and help homeowners. In it, the country's five largest mortgage lenders offer to pay out as much as $25 billion to cover new terms for homeowners driven out by foreclosure. But people who lost their homes are unlikely to get them back or see much financial benefit from the deal. 

Quote 0 0
I saw it but not sure what it means for us who are going thru foreclosure. They do mention something about 25 billion dollars though. Is that actually to help home owners or to bail out the bank?
Quote 0 0
Still in my home
Wow talk about no interest in a subject. I thought there would some response. Not sure if link is even good anymore.
Quote 0 0
HungarianProse

Still in my home wrote:
Wow talk about no interest in a subject. I thought there would some response. Not sure if link is even good anymore.

As a homeowner fighting the banks in court as a pro se do not hope for any help from the government. Any settlement will have very little affect on our cases and for any homeowner for that matter.

Quote 0 0
f

Quote:

The purported national settlement by the 50 state attorney generals has been just around the corner for almost a year now.

The purpose of this settlement is not to help borrowers, but instead to help banks by giving the banks immunity for past crimes and to give the banks civil immunity for all past misconduct.

The attorney generals are not even working on the real underlying issue.  Swindlers, like Neil Garfield and Mike H. have even helped the banks by helping focus and fixate public attention on issues that have no merit whatsoever.

So instead of investigating the areas where there actually was misconduct, the attorney generals can investigate the unproductive areas where the banks are on solid footing.  Then they can declare that they found nothing worthy of prosecution, agree to a settlement which immunizes the banks against the real mischief and then move on.

Quote 0 0

I heard that too and I am not sure what it means either. But I have to agree that most likey will not help us home owners in forclosure.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...