Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
srsd

For the past 2 days Ameriquest has called and left messages to remind us of the settlement.  It seems like they might be getting worried about people not signing.  I guess they thought everyone would sign and let things continue the way they are/were. Has everyone else been getting "The Call"....(good name for a movie)

Quote 0 0

I GOT A CALL LST NIGHT AND  SHE SAID I DID NOT SEND IN MY FORM BY SEPT 6, AND I TOLD HER I WAS NOT GOING TO, I WAS STAYING WITH MY PRIVATE LAWSUIT.I wonder what happens if everyone turns them down. 

Quote 0 0
If at all possible, make some form of recordation of those calls coming in. Names, dates, times, numbers, etc. I don't believe that Ameriquest, or anyone representing them should be making direct contact with class members as they are represented by legal counsel.

Personally, I'd be contacting lead counsel every day until they told me what they planned on doing about it. If I were a lead plaintiff, I would've thrown the brakes on the whole train and stopped it dead in it's tracks - but that's just my own non-legal opinion.
Quote 0 0
srsd

I have had 2 of the messages left on my answering machine.  They are from different people and different numbers. I am keepinmg them in case someone needs them for anything.

Quote 0 0
AMC Hater
I got 2 calls last week from the settlement administrators office.  I am a named plaintiff in the Minnesota class action so I contacted our attorneys to let them know about it.  I saved the messages but now it just looks like they are doing "courtesy" calls to everyone.  How nice of them.
No thanks Ameriquest, you can keep your $612 and shove it where the sun don't shine!
Quote 0 0
$612.00?

Does that actually reimburse you for anything?  How about postage and phone calls?

However, you took them on and took them down.

Still the part about liking a class action law suit ends up a hollow victory for borrowers when the settlement amount is so low.

I think you guys ought to get tax relief, some percentage every year for say 10 years.

You should not have to get saddled with debt forgiveness since the loan itself is predatory and unlawful. 

How about this?  If you do not fully reimburse borrowers, then we will have
no alternative but to pursue law enforcement to take action for fraud.

Money or prison?  Which will it be?

Now that would be justice.

Dee 

Quote 0 0
AMC Hater - I'm curious.... As a named plaintiff, did you have any opportunity to weigh in on this settlement at all before it was accepted? And lead counsel doesn't think that contacting plaintiffs directly is any kind of violation or coercement at all? When Gilardi was settling USA/Curry v. Fairbanks I know that we all received opt in/out forms but, to the best of my knowledge, there were never any phone calls made to anyone.

Y'all keep track of any contact made with plaintiffs and document it. Never know if/when it may come in handy.
Quote 0 0
Me 2

I'm calling them to find out. I'll let ya know.

Quote 0 0

They say they are calling to remind people to send them in, I told her I was not taking the settlement and that I needed to know who to contact regarding making a complaint. She said they don't know anything about how or who to contact regarding complaints.

After I told her I was not taking the settlement offer, she asked why and asked for my account number so they could keep a record of who was not taking it, so they would not send any more info regarding the settlement. So,

I really didn't find out to much.

I still trying to find Mr. Moore if anyone happens to see him. Let me know.

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Looking 4 Mr. Moore

He was last seen holding a gold shovel standing next to B.B. King. Ameriquest does not want me to have his contact info for some reason???
Quote 0 0
srsd

He might be somewhere singing the blues with BB King.

Quote 0 0
AMC Hater
Mike,
We were not given the opportunity to weigh in on the AG settlement; our class was not certified until this past April.  I would have liked the opportunity though
Our attorneys did not seem concerned that the settlement office was contacting us, they just thought it was a little odd.  We haven't received any calls since though. 
Quote 0 0
Who'sNotGettingPaid?
My Brother has not got a post card, I told him about the settlement, his wife called the settlement number and they said she was not entitled to be part of the settlement.

They refinanced with ameriquest in 2005. Why NOT?
Quote 0 0
srsd

We got 4 letters and 2 messages left on the answering machine.

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...