Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
Im one those lucky people to be wrapped in the Ameriquest/Citi web...
I just checked online only to see they are now going to CHARGE to pay by web:

Effective December 1 the following convenience fee schedule will be applied when you schedule your payment using the Pay-By-Web feature.

Payments scheduled prior to your due date: Free.

Payments scheduled between your due date and 4 days after your due date:

Free

Payments scheduled between 5 and 9 days after your due date: $2.00

Payments scheduled 10 days or more after your due date: $5.00

Unbelievable...  That $2.00/$5.00 will add up Im sure...
You have a grace period when you're not considered late however you're penalized if you pay by web within that grace period...

Cant wait to get away from this mess...
Quote 0 0
Read your contract.

Most of them say your payment is due on or before the 1st.

That means the payment is due on the first.

On the second it is considered late.

The usual grace period is 14 days.

If you pay on the 13th, the payment is technically late when paid any day
after the 1st.  Paying on the 13th means it is late but is within the grace
period so a late fee assessment can be made on the 15th.

Pay it on the first and there is no charge for paying on the web.

Read these things carefully.

Lots of people think their payments are on time if they are paid within the grace period.

Please do your best to stay out of trouble with this bunch.

They are probably going to want you to have a checking account with them.
Be sure to find out what is in it for you before you decide.

From what I have reard, Citi is pretty ruthless.

Dee
Quote 0 0
Mozman577
Thanks for your reply...
 Yes this bunch can be ruthless...
I have a 16 day grace period... Have since I got this loan 6 years ago. Documented in the contract. Never have been charged a late fee or marked late on my CR with AMC for paying after the first..  BUT
I know what you are thinking and Im aware  this isnt AMC now...
I wont be getting any checking account or any account with Citi ever..
 I guess I will just have to document everything extremely well and bite this bullet until I can get away from them...
Quote 0 0
Ed Cage
Dear Mozman577:
Although it sounds as though you went from "AMC" to "Citi Residential" you still have AMC's James Brantley and his abundant arsenal of illicit fraud schemes at the helm.

Notorious mortgage fraudster James Brantley formerly of AMC is a good example of this popular name-changing-solution used by mortgage fraud criminals. Incredibly when AMC folded Brantley was promptly hired by Citi Residential!  ..Which should tell us all something about Citi’s priorities and the reason Citi Residential is also now rapidly collapsing.

I talked with Brantley recently and warned him that if he had ever been caught in fraud schemes before, that this time he would likely face stiff fines and/or jail time.  I then asked him if he had ever been in similar trouble before. Brantley replied that he did not wish to answer that question. You can't hang him for that but if I had been asked the same question I would have responded that "I have a clean criminal record."

The good news is that as these fraudsters continue to collapse; their employees are increasingly blowing the whistle on both their employer and fellow employees who defrauded so many.

This will likely lead to remedies and relief for the affected victims.

Ed Cage

972-596-4363

ecagetx@tx.rr.com

Quote 0 0
Mozman577
Thanks Ed for the reply...

This is why getting away from them wont be soon enough for me.
Making certain that my payments are applied on time and correctly are #1 on my list right now.

They just credit reported this month so now I have 3 TLs for the same account... Ameriquest  to AMC  to CitiResidential  ...
They are postive so thats a good thing..

Im just a little rattled having the likes of them having a stake in my largest asset which has alot of equity....
Just have to watch over this very carefully....

Quote 0 0
:)

Have you ever been to Jail Ed?

Quote 0 0
:)

eAppraiseIT v. Pamela Crowley: Founder of the Mortgage Fraud Watch ...

Citi Residential hires known mortgage fraud felon, the infamous James Brantley of Ameriquest and AMC Mortgage notoriety. Also see related matter below: ...
http://www.zimbio.com/Real+Estate/articles/411/eAppraiseIT+v+Pamela+Crowley+Founder+Mortgage - 40k - Cached - Similar pages

Quote 0 0
Ed Cage
Mozman577 wrote:
“Thanks Ed for the reply... This is why getting away from them wont be soon enough for me.
Making certain that my payments are applied on time and correctly are #1 on my list right now.
They just credit reported this month so now I have 3 TLs for the same account... Ameriquest 
to AMC  to CitiResidential  ... They are postive so thats a good thing..
Im just a little rattled having the likes of them having a stake in my largest asset which has
alot of equity.... Just have to watch over this very carefully....”

Dear Mozman577:
You’re more than welcome; I hope I helped.  Here’s something I know I can help you with and I will put it in the form of two tips.

Two good Tips from Mr Ed:

Mozman577, I know Citi Residential, AMC and arch mortgage fraud criminal James Brantley particularly well.. But this tip applies to virtually all servicers with dubious reputations:

Tip 1:
Ask for a full detailed accounting of all of your entire “suspense” “corporate advances” and “escrow accounts.”  In all likelihood they will simply ignore your first request.. So on your second request send a certified letter request to the Citi Residential Board of Directors and copy via regular US Mail to James Brantley, the Citi Legal Department and the Attorney General of the state where Citi Residential is located. My guess is Citi Residential is located in Orange CA but I don’t know for sure.. If so the AG is in Sacramento California.

These various “escrow/suspense” accounts are highly incriminating in that this is the mode/vehicle that fraudsters like James Brantley use to hide numerous illicit and inflated.. Even nonexistent completely undocumented charges..  It’s a minor hassle but I feel like based on my experience in this area your first few hours will be worth anywhere from $100 to $500 an hour to you.

Tip 2:
Focus on the *DATES* of application!  This is where the rubber meets the road.. Almost always you can expect a pattern of dates of application that always help the servicer and invariably are unfair to the customer.  The ripple-affect of correctly applied funds to the proper DATES is enormous.

Ed Cage
1804 Cross Bend, Plano Texas 75023
ecagetx@tx.rr.com
972-596-4363

Quote 0 0
Mozman577
Once again thank you Ed...
 I do appreciate your time and effort in answering me and helping with tips..

Funny you should mention the escrow account as I just got a printout from them detailing the amounts and dates.. And they raised me due to a shortage of what equates to over $600.00 so they were nice enough to spread that out over 12 months..

I now have to go check my property tax as I dont remember an increase..
Very strange .. Just what I need...

Anyway thanks  and I will check this all out...
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...