Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/realtime/2011/04/25/ag-bondi-interested-in-alternative-settlement-with-banks/#comment-41954

THIS IS A KICK IN THE BUTT..... MAYBE SOME OF US CAN LEAVE COMMENTS SO SOME OF THESE FLORIDIANS UNDERSTAND WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON. I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT.   THANKS  CMC

AG Bondi interested in alternative settlement with banks

by Kim Miller

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi said she’s interested in reviewing an alternative bank settlement proposed by Oklahoma Attorney General E. Scott Pruitt in lieu of what is being hammered out by the leadership of the 50-state attorneys general.

Pruitt said last week he asked his attorneys to prepare an option that does not require servicers to pay at least $20 billion in fines and use the money to reduce the principal amount on mortgages of borrowers who owe more on their loan than their home is worth, according to a Washington Post article.

Bondi joined a handful of other Republicans last month in a letter expressing concerns about how a proposed settlement with the nation’s banks regarding foreclosure abuses could force them to reduce loan amounts.

On Thursday, Bondi said she’s interested in reviewing Pruitt’s plan.

“While Attorney General Bondi will continue to participate in the multi-state settlement discussions, she looks forward to reviewing any alternative plan developed by Attorney General Pruitt,” said Jenn Meale, Bondi’s communications director in response to a question by The Palm Beach Post.

Pruitt’s plan could force a rift between the main group of attorneys general, led by Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller, and those who believe his proposal goes beyond their authority.

It’s unclear how close Miller is to closing a deal with the banks. Banking regulators announced a separate deal last week with several lenders and servicers taht requires them to hire consultants to review foreclosures and determine if any homeowners were harmed by their shoddy practices.

ShareThis

Tags: , , ,

9 Responses to “AG Bondi interested in alternative settlement with banks”

1. Law Offices of Jorge L. Delgado, P.A. Call: (305) 820-2060 » AG Bondi interested in alternative settlement with banks Says:

[...] Read more… Categories: Mortgage Fraud Tags: Comments (0) Trackbacks (0) Leave a comment Trackback [...]

2. cmc Says:

“NO WAY” NO SETTLEMENT….. WHERE ARE THE HANDCUFFS, ARRESTS, JAIL TIME??? I SAY EVERY ONE CALL BONDI AND DEMAND JUSTICE UPON THESE BANKS. ARE THESE CROOKS GOING TO ASK FOR A BAIL OUT AGAIN. SO THE CITIZENS WILL BE PAYING THESE SETTLEMENTS??? BETTER YET, WE ALL NEED TO GET TOGETHER AND TAKE A TRIP TO BONDI’S OFFICE AND DEMAND JUSTICE.

3. G-Sax Says:

Any Settlement should include radical principal reductions that will be paid back when house sells and jail time for the wall street bankers that are guilty.

Oh wait, Wall Street or G-Man Saks owns The Feds now right?

Oooops….

4. AG Bondi interested in alternative settlement with banks | Foreclosure News Online Says:

[...] Source: Real Time real-estate blog | The Palm Beach Post [...]

5. Florida AG Pam Bondi Interested in Alternative Settlement with Banks that Does NOT Require Servicers to Pay Fines « Foreclosure Fraud – Fighting Foreclosure Fraud by Sharing the Knowledge Says:

[...] AG Bondi interested in alternative settlement with banks [...]

6. Michael Says:

Interesting. Lawyers, of course, have a responsibility to act in the best interests of their clients. I wonder who Bondi believes her clients are if not the citizens of Florida, the counties that were robbed of money and gutted, the state that is broke thanks to the banks. It almost seems the tea-partier is — *GASP* — going beyond the bounds of her office and remaking law in favor of banks, the overwhelming majority who are based elsewhere. Somehow I don’t think she has to worry about the FL Bar insisting she do her job though; the toothless insiders there still haven’t done anything the public knows about to David J Stern, despite that he acted against the interests of his clients and caused them massive losses.

7. cmc Says:

Michael, Your right. And why hasn’t Stern been jailed? That’s just what the outcome is going to be with every attorney that has a Fl Bar complaint against them. I have a few pending myself and haven’t heard anything, except that they are under investigation. ‘BIG DEAL” I’ll believe the investigation when they do the right thing. Because of all of the proof included in the complaints something should be done. We’ll see…

8. erkme73 Says:

Bambi is too busy going after K2 and bath salts to take care of these ‘little issues’. Stupid… useless…

9. matt weidner Says:

Super kudos for the Post for keeping up the good reporting….
    Call the AG’s office toll free and tell Pam Bondi what you think about letting the banks walk away.. 1-866-966-7226

Leave a Reply

We'd like your thoughts on this story. I appreciate your willingness to share them. At PalmBeachPost.com, we want to avoid comments that are obscene, hateful, racist or otherwise inappropriate. If you post offensive comments, we will delete them as soon as we can. If you see such comments, please report them to us by clicking this link.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...