Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

I notice that there is a flood of Affidavits being filed in the Broward County on behalf of JPMorgan Chase relating to “Affidavit:  Of Lost or Missing Assignment”.  A lot of these Affidavits have attached incomplete assignments which show that the Actual Assignment was NOT signed and/or Notarized.

Can someone comment of the reason for filing these document in Public records and can it be used in a Foreclosure Case to show that an actual assignment took place (even though the document was not signed or notarized).  I can provide a link to the document, but it shows the actual name and property address of the owner and I’m not sure if that is allowed on this blog.

Quote 0 0
Love to get pdf copies of what you are referring to.  Most likely there were "assignments in blank" as was industry custom and that some may have been pre-notarized for later fill in the blank.  This would be notary fraud.  They may have destroyed the prior assignments and then created the new ones with affidavits.
Quote 0 0
This is a link to one such Affidavit:

http://205.166.161.12/oncoreV2/showdetails.aspx?id=50574541&rn=0&pi=0&ref=search

There many like these that were recorded in Broward County Florida!
Quote 0 0
Here is another:

http://205.166.161.12/oncoreV2/showdetails.aspx?id=50574481&rn=2&pi=0&ref=search

As stated before, are these affidavits "legal"?  Or does it really matter, since once they can prove they are the Owner/Holder of the Note that is all that matters?
Quote 0 0
Texas
What I find interesting is instrument #106484811 that the affidavit refers too.
Quote 0 0
Can't give you legal advice.  However, as an expert, it appears to me that one of a few things is happening that needs to be investigated and ALL the affidavits you are getting need to be copied and then placed on top of one another to check if the signatures and their individual characteristics are identical in all or certain instances or completely different as they should be if they were each individually signed,  Now, I mean that protocol on the actual assignment attached as an exhibit.

It appears that either the originals were lost or intentionally destroyed for some reason and they are trying comply with the OCC consent order.  They are trying to fill in gaps or they identified problems with the originals.  In any event, it warrants deeper examination and investigation which we have just initiated with your warnings!  Thanks!!!
Quote 0 0
Texas wrote:
What I find interesting is instrument #106484811 that the affidavit refers to.

Texas....What is interesting?  When I examine instrument #106484811, I do not see the Note, which is normally recorded along with the Mortgage.  Is that what you see also?

http://205.166.161.12/oncoreV2/showdetails.aspx?id=39114401&rn=1&pi=0&ref=search

BTW, the second link I posted is the typical Affidavit, where the assignments are not signed/notarized and appears to be just "recreated" Assignments by JPMorgan Chase.  There are hundreds, if not thousands of these documents.

Quote 0 0
TheEquitableOne
Dave,

I'm unfamiliar with recording statutes in Broward County.  However, I am not aware that any state requires that notes be recorded. 
Quote 0 0
Texas
No issue with the origination of the Note and it did not appear filed of record.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...