Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us

Good morning. This is my first time posting. Here is my story. Bank told me to be 3 months late back in 09 before the can modify my mortgage. Then I was denied the mod. They filed 1 assignment in dec 2010, (never filed the second) from MERS as nominee to CIT. Then filed NOP in feb of 2011. After months of waiting, I filed BK for other things after my divorce. After the BK the foreclosure continued. Had 3 mediation meeting (since I am in NY). We failed to agree on a mod. Now Bank of NY Mellon is the so called holder lol. After no agreement, they filed for Order of Reference in March of 2012. At this time I hired a lawyer who reviewed my case and filed a cross motion.  The banks lawyers then called my lawyer to settle with a loan mod out of court. We both withdrew our motions and I just heard from the bank after 3 months.  They want me to sign a loan mod $60k over my original mortgage! That is the story.  Here are some facts.  I did a QWR and received a copy of the mortgage, note and allonge from the banks lawyer and also from the bank.  Now, this is where it gets good, the allonge from the bank does not match the 1 from the lawyer or the 1 from the court file. I am so frustrated with these banks and them not giving me a fair mod. Mr. Roper, any suggestions? Thanks for all the great educational tools.

Quote 0 0
Jack
your lawyer is supposed to negotiate a new mod that U feel is a deal and one that makes sense to the value of the home.

And you can afford,

I've seen these deals go for 25-100% of the original loan.

But if they want more hold out or get another lawyer

Quote 0 0
Write a reply...