Mortgage Servicing Fraud
occurs post loan origination when mortgage servicers use false statements and book-keeping entries, fabricated assignments, forged signatures and utter counterfeit intangible Notes to take a homeowner's property and equity.
Articles |The FORUM |Law Library |Videos | Fraudsters & Co. |File Complaints |How they STEAL |Search MSFraud |Contact Us
O -

Homeowners pay their mortgages, but face foreclosure

Port Richey, Florida - Barbara Smith says it's very scary to think of losing your home when all you want to do is make your payments.

But that became a reality for Smith, after Litton Mortgage Servicing took over her mortgage and her payments went from $963 a month to $1,412. She says the company added insurance to the mortgage, although she already had her own.

"I've been trying to get that rectified and trying to get it settled with the company to no avail," she says.

Nadine Knowles was in the same boat with her home. She had paperwork showing she paid the original loan amount, but the company tried to charge her extra for taxes and insurance she'd already taken care of.

She refused to pay, and last week her home was sold at auction.

"I'm a homeowner that got screwed and that's OK in America, and that's OK with our courts," Knowles says.

Barbara Smith says her income doesn't allow her to make the extra payments, but she was afraid of losing her Port Richey home. So she says she is doing everything she can to send the money to Litton Mortgage Servicing, even though she says they're not entitled to it.

"I took money out of my 401K to make the higher payments, because if I don't make the higher payments, they won't accept any payment. They will return my payment to me."

Thousands of homeowners are facing the same problem and there aren't many places to turn.

W. Craig Kennedy, who co-wrote the Mortgage Servicing Kit, says never complain over the phone, because there isn't a paper trail. When you write to complain, you must put the words "qualified written request" at the top of the letter. If you do, federal law says you can't be ignored.

"They must respond in 20 days and solve it in 60 days," Kennedy says. "If  you don't put that at the top of the letter, they can ignore it."

But there are still thousands like Barbara Smith who are overpaying, and thousands more like Nadine Knowles are losing their homes. It is happening every day in Florida and throughout the country.

Litton Mortgage Servicing never returned our calls to comment on the story. Litton is the target of a class action suit for similar allegations.

Mike Deeson, Tampa Bay's 10 News
Quote 0 0
Z link ;)

Homeowners pay their mortgages, but face foreclosure - Local & State News - Tampa Bay's 10 - tampabays10.com

Quote 0 0
Still Fighting
I have a feeling we will be hearing a LOT more about Litton in the near future!
Quote 0 0
WHAT ABOUT IT
THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TALKIN ABOUT , WE VICTIMS HAVE NO STANDING IN THE COURTS

ANDREW DICE CLAY
Quote 0 0
Litton won't respond, they, like Countrywide have now been caught "manufacturing" documents!  Besides, Larry Sr. and Larry JR, have a new "Master" - Goldman! 

How goes the covering up in the legal department?  mmmm can't wait,  MGIC and RADIAN don't have much life left in them. 
Quote 0 0
Hey ABBOTT!

Attorney General Abbott Takes Legal Action Against Foreclosure ...
KWTX - Dec 14, 2007
In meetings with EMC Mortgage, Countrywide Mortgage and Litton Loan Servicing, he outlined five measures that the companies should implement to restore borrowers’ financial stability, including stepping-up efforts to convert adjustable rate mortgages ...

Quote 0 0
Digger
Quote:
In meetings with EMC Mortgage, Countrywide Mortgage and Litton Loan Servicing, he outlined five measures that the companies "SHOULD" (not must) implement to restore borrowers’ financial stability, including stepping-up efforts to convert adjustable rate mortgages to fixed-interest loans; subjecting more delinquent loans to mitigation first rather than immediately submitting them to an antagonistic collections process; improving communication and outreach with consumers; waiving penalties and fees while companies work with troubled homeowners; and promptly addressing complaints filed against them with the Office of the Attorney General. 

Abbott is not going to do anything. He will go after these small foreclosure resue scammers all day, but is a wuss when it comes to going after a larger fraudster.  The Littons, EMCs and all the others know this and are not bothered by Texas law enforcement.  That is why the crooks set up shop in Texas.  Tough Texas law went out decades ago.

As one of the big news programs (48 hours or 60 minutes) broadcast years ago: "TEXAS JUDGES ARE FOR SALE" and that still stand to this day.

What a pansy-ass state of whimpy lawmakers and enforcers.  The best they can do is send out some tough-sounding news release that they have no intention of following through on.
Quote 0 0
Write a reply...